The colloquiums topics cover the following aspects in “New Developments” and “Operational Experience” of “Rotating Electrical Machines for Power Generation”.
- New developments and latest designs in rotating electrical machines used in conventional, renewable and dispersed generation (design, insulation, cooling, materials, monitoring)
- High capacity (>100MW) air-cooled generators (design, life expectancy, aging, operation and maintenance issues)
- Grid connection aspects and issues (design standards, grid codes, testing)
- Experience with monitoring, diagnosis, prognosis and maintenance in electrical rotating machines used for renewable and dispersed generation
- Asset management: Assessment of rotating electrical machines – Condition monitoring and assessment, assessment criteria, refurbishment, upgrading, risk management, methods for predicting the remaining life of aged generators, efficiency improvements
- The effects of a renewable fed grid on conventional turbo and hydro-generator fleet
- Effects of inverter based systems on generators
- General operational experience: Failures, findings and major incident
Authors, planning to give a presentation at the colloquium, are invited to submit an abstract with 400 to 500 words in English language, until April 3rd, 2017 at latest.
The abstract has to present the aim, content and results of the contribution. It has to include the title, the name of the author(s) and the contact details of the main author (mailing address, Email address, company affiliation, phone number).
Colloquium presentations, papers
For the presentation at the colloquium a Power Point presentation is obligatory. The submission of a paper is not mandatory, but to increase the value of the contributions, SC-A1 appreciates and encourages all authors to submit their contribution also in form of a paper.
All submitted papers or presentations will be available to all participants on the meeting homepage during the colloquium.
Templates see below. For further information please contact Mr. Franz Ramsauer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Templates for Technical Papers (addional option for Oral or Poster Presenations): The authors are encouraged to submit their work also as Technical Papaer, as it will add significant value to the work by encouraging interactive engagement with Colloquium attendees. Papers will be made available on the SC A1 Website for future reference, the best papers will be submitted for publication in the Cigre Science and Engineering Journal.
|Deadline for submission of abstracts:||April, 3rd 2017|
|Notification to the authors about acceptance of the contribution, either as oral presentation or for the poster session:||May, 15th, 2017|
|Deadline to send the paper manuscript or Power Point presentation:||July 17th, 2017|
|Deadline for submitting the copyright form:||July 17th, 2017|
|Deadline for authors registration:||July 17th, 2017|
|Deadline for other participants registration:||September 1st, 2017|
|Meeting and Colloquium:||September 15th – 23rd, 2017|
|Colloquium oral presentations and SC-A1 working group tutorials:||September 18th, 19th, 2017|
|Colloquium poster session:||September 20th, 2017|
The working language of the Colloquium will be English. All the information and communications will be in English. All the printed materials will be published in English.
Correspondence Address for Abstracts and Papers